Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hold on to 16 as long as you can....

changes come around real soon make us woman and men-John Cougar

Yup-I seriously teared up listening to Jack and Diane-first I turned it up because its a great song but when that line came I got all teary...
why am I so emotional
why is change so hard for me lately
what the...
I had Jordan's Jr High orientation the other night and I had a lump in my throat the whole time...it was a weird feeling, I felt like I was going to hyperventilate, I felt so small in this big auditorium...I sat there hanging on every last word that the new principal said
we got up to take a tour I ran into a few other mom's that I knew that were taking the tour too (not a guided tour but just walk around) and they were all joking and laughing so it made me feel good
until I ran into some of the Jr Highers and they were taller than me ((grrr))
I'm usually not a emotional person when it comes to my kids growing up...I'm excited for them, I know Jordan is going to do great, he is super excited and so am I...so why so blue??? Let me know if you figure it out for me
is this a mid-life crisis
I am getting old, I need to face it! 40 is only 2.5 yrs away

EEEEEEK 2.5 YEARS AWAY!!!! panic attack setting in

2 comments:

  1. 60 is only 1.5 years away for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the fact that kids grow up so quickly is scary. And that we age. I was just 18 and now I'm 31 - where does the time go?? Sending you lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete